One of the best Android Smartphones, the OnePlus One gets CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1). Yeah, so you can finally get rid of the Android 5.0.2 (it was laggy for me in my Moto G Second Generation and my Moto E first generation.
If you're used to flashing custom ROMs on your OnePlus One, stop! Stop right here, exit this blog at once, cause you know it! (As you're already here, go on, read it anyway).
So, let's hit the tutorial!
- Download the Cyanogen OS 12.1 for the OnePlus One or Bacon (yeah, that's the holy OnePlus One itself).
- Connect your OnePlus One to your PC and copy the above downloaded file to the root folder inside your internal memory.
- Reboot to recovery. To do this, Press and hold, power button and volume down button for a few second.
- Once you're in the TWRP Recovery (You should flash that first). Tap on wipe, and swipe on the "swipe to factory reset" option. (Note: Doing this will formatĀ your device).
- Now, go to install, and navigate to the zip file you've downloaded in step 1.
- Swipe on that "swipe to flash" thingy.
- Tap on the reboot button.
- Wait for the phone to reboot and ta-da! You'll be upgraded to Android 5.1 (Cyanogen OS 12.1). Now, show me your best moves!
Got yourself stuck somewhere?
Hey, are you stuck somewhere? Feel free to tell us what happened and where you screwed things up? Hope, you haven't messed up with the bootloader or partitions! Anyway, we'll get back to you at the earliest and will be able to help you out, if you haven't hard bricked the device!